Al-Khodari is one of the most prominent types of dates in Saudi Arabia, especially in the city of Zulfi. Al-Khodari is the most demanded type of Date for shoppers and many of the date factories in Saudi Arabia. The reason it is commonly used in confectionery and the chocolate industries is due to the fact that it can withstand high temperature and maintain its taste and color for a long period of time. Al- Khodari date palms are famed for their elongated fruit – large size reddish dark brown color, moist and have a hearty flavor. Necessary minerals like calcium, iron, phosphorus, magnesium, and zinc are found in the Al-Khodari dates along with vitamins such as, vitamins A and K. It contains a small amount of sugar, which gives this type of date the superiority over other dates for people that are diabetic.
Khodari dates are a uniform dark brown color, not too wrinkly (dates can range from smooth to as wrinkly as a prune depending on the variety). The skin of these dates flakes a little.
Taste: Moderately sweet, nice “date” flavor, chewy but not dry.
Allah Almighty has not only given taste to Khodari dates but also has placed enormous health benefits in it. Here are some of the proven benefits:
1. Source of natural sugar – Khodari dates have a lot of health benefits and it is a quick source of energy. These dates are packed with natural sugars such as glucose and fructose. Such sugars are not bad for the body as they get absorbed instantly.
2. Stops abdominal cancer – One of the newly discovered health benefits of Khodari dates is that they act as an agent helping in stopping the growth of most of the cancers, prominently abdominal cancer. it has been seen that the Arabs who consume dates on a regular basis have the lowest tendency to develop cancer.
3. Makes heart strong – the most important of all organs: the heart needs to be strong so that the entire body could function properly. in the era, where the young ones are also vulnerable to heart diseases, the health benefit of Khodari dates is that it makes the heart strong and less prone to heart attacks.
4. The solution to obesity – the health benefit of Khodari dates for those who are on diet control is that it tends to make on resistive towards hunger due to its nutrition value. Moreover, eating these dates does not aid in weight gain as it is composed of natural sugars that do not saturate in the body.
5. Easing baby birth – the health benefit of eating Khodari dates for pregnant women is that it reduces the pain at the time of childbirth. These dates are scientifically proven to stimulate hormones that tend to reinforce the uterus. Moreover, it aids in developing milk for nursing mothers. the weakness due to blood loss at the time of delivery can be overcome by eating these dates.
6. Recommended for lactating mothers – these dates contains anti-depressants and boost milk growth due to which they are highly recommended to nursing mothers. Moreover, it allows milk to get enriched with nutrients that help in the growth of the baby and prevents it from developing disorders.
7. Helps to build strong bones – help in making the bones strong due to a good amount of calcium incorporated in them. Children, adults and those suffering from calcium deficiency should make these dates an essential part of their diet to develop healthy and strong bones.
8. Nutrition value – Khodari dates have a great nutrition value and substantial amounts of calcium, sulfur, iron, potassium, phosphorus, manganese, copper, magnesium, unstable oils, vitamin-B6, folic acid, proteins, sugars, and natural vitamins.
9. Helps in the prevention of intestinal disturbances – another health benefit of eating Khodari dates in the morning on an empty stomach is that it helps to kill intestinal worms and other parasites, as these dates contain antidote which hinders the progress of intestinal worms and parasites. these dates are rich in fiber which helps in relieving constipation.
10. Improving eyesight – Khodari dates have been found to have a positive impact on eyesight which is a great health benefit. They also prevent the user from developing night time blindness.